Until now, all available powder-based technologies could only produce rough, sand-like surfaces. While various mechanical abrasion processes were used to smooth the parts somewhat, this often made it difficult to adhere to the required dimensions and tolerances.
At 1zu1, we rely on the new technology: chemical smoothing, which is similar to galvanic processes for metal parts. This process turns the sandy surface into a smooth one. It gives the components special sliding properties and makes them printable. For example, it allows threads to slide cleanly into each other without snagging.
The smoothing process extends the delivery date of laser sintered parts by only one working day. It is therefore possible to deliver smoothed SLS prototypes after only 3 to 4 days. This means you'll be on the market faster.
- Smooth surfaces for pleasant haptics
- Short term delivery possible (SLS-timing + 1 day)
- Increase in bending and tensile strength as well as sliding properties of parts: e.g. for smooth-running threads, fasteners, gears, etc.
- Improvement of results in finishing steps (dyeing, varnishing): imprinting of barcodes possible
- Maximum cleanliness: The microscopically smooth surface structure makes it almost impossible for dirt to attach itself, and the surface can thus be cleaned more effectively in contrast to conventionally smoothed surfaces.
- Sterilizability: SLS materials PA1101 (PA11) and PA2200 (PA12) can also be sterilized. This opens up yet more application possibilities for SLS parts.